This week we decided to branch out and try a new treat – baked Mahi Mahi. I had never had this type of fish before, so I scoured the internet for recipes that look good.
I found a luau inspired recipe that looked good, but we didn’t have all the ingredients. I’ll post the actual recipe with a link to the original, my changes will be in (parenthesis). We felt the changes were a YUMMY addition, and suggest if you’re feeling brave to copy ours instead of the origional.
Baked Mahi Mahi
White fish fillets with mild or sweet flavor.
• 2 lbs mahi mahi (fish) fillets
• 1 lemon, juiced (I did not juice, just squeezed straight from the lemon)
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (I minced an entire clove of garlic)
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 cup mayonnaise (I used a cup of cream cheese)
• 1/4 cup white onions, finely chopped (I used fresh chives from the garden)
• 1 – 2 bags bread crumbs (I toasted a slice of bread and crumbled)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Rinse fish and put in a baking dish. Squeeze lemon juice on fish then sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Mix mayonnaise and chopped onions and spread on fish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake at 425 for 25 minutes. Serves 4 people.